Prior to the plastic surgery consultation for a breast procedure, it is an idea to check out information about breast surgery online. Only mainstream and reputed websites should be reviewed for information, as far as possible. The surgeon’s practice website is a good place to start before visiting for a breast surgery consultation.
Once the patient has acquired the basic information about breast surgery as well as reviewed the surgeon’s credentials on their website, she will be in a better position to ask relevant questions during the consultation. Leading cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides breast surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Prepare a List of Questions
The most effective way to approach a plastic surgery consultation for a breast procedure would be to prepare a detailed list of questions that the patient wants to ask during the appointment. A basic list of questions is provided here. The patient should note that the surgeon will answer many of these questions on their own, and the patient may add or remove any questions from the list as they feel comfortable.
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- How many years of training have you received?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform cosmetic surgery procedures related to breast?
- Where would you normally perform a breast surgery procedure?
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast surgery?
- Would you require me to take certain preparatory steps to achieve good results with my procedure?
- How long and painful would be the post-operative recovery period, and what kind of help would I require?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with breast surgery that I should be aware of?
- How will my breasts appear following the procedure, and how far I can expect my aesthetic goals to be met?
- Will the surgery impact my ability to breastfeed in the future?
- How visible will be the scars in the long run?
- If I am unhappy with the results of the procedure, what are my options for a revision surgery?
- Are there any non-surgical alternatives available to my breast surgery procedure?
- Would you be able to provide me with breast surgery before and after pictures?
The consultation is the most important opportunity available to a patient to ask about breast surgery and clarify all her concerns and doubts. It is important to be frank and ask questions freely, including questions about costs, insurance, and financing. With all the information at hand, the patient will be in a much better position to make a well-considered decision.
The initial consultation also provides an opportunity to the patient to check out the surgeon’s office and meet the office staff. They should objectively determine whether they feel comfortable and establish a fantastic and suitable rapport with the surgeon and their staff. Breast surgery is a personal journey, and the patient should choose the right practice to achieve complete satisfaction in this journey.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: