Lip Augmentation With Fat Transfer—Less Invasive Option to Plump and Perfect Your Lips!
Lip augmentation is a broad term used to describe any procedure that is performed to alter the size, symmetry, and shape of your lips. Although there are numerous permanent and temporary lip enhancement procedures, lip augmentation with a fat transfer has remained one of the most popular techniques because of its ability to consistently deliver successful and lasting results.
Lip augmentation with fat transfer has proven to be a safe and effective option to:
- Perfect the shape of the lips
- Boost lip volume for patients who are dissatisfied with thin, small, flat, underdeveloped, drooping, or loose lips
- Improve the appearance of lips that are beginning to show the signs of aging (i.e. wrinkles and fine lines around the lip border or on the lip surface)
- Correct sagging or drooping of the lips resulting from smoking, gravity, environmental damage, and/or age
- Restore a more youthful lip shape, definition, fullness, and smoothness
The lips are a very delicate area of the face, and in order to ensure optimal results while avoiding common complications such as lip asymmetry or over-filling the lips (“duck lips”), any alterations to the lips require the experience and skillset of a talented plastic surgeon such as Dr. Gary Motykie
Lip Augmentation With Fat Transfer Procedure
Lip augmentation with fat transfer augments the volume of the lips through the careful injection of fat that has been harvested from a donor site on the patient’s own body (i.e. abdomen, thighs, or buttocks). Because the injections are composed of the patient’s own tissue, the risk of rejection is negligible and the chances of successful, permanent integration are very high. Another benefit of this technique is that it is highly customizable, which allows the practitioner to select the precise amount of fat to inject in order to achieve the patient’s aesthetic goals.
Although technically a surgical procedure, lip augmentation with fat transfer:
- Is minimally invasive
- Can be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia
- Is associated with minor (if any) discomfort
- Requires a recovery period of just a few days,
- Produces immediate results!
Contact Motykie Plastic Surgery (www.drmotykie.com)
Dr. Gary Motykie is an esteemed, Board Certified plastic surgeon who has spent the past 10 years developing and applying an integrative approach to health, wellness, nutrition, and aesthetic enhancement. This holistic approach has set his practice apart from the multitude of profit-driven cosmetic surgery practices. Dr. Motykie’s treatment philosophy transcends the “skin deep” focus on aesthetics, and is centered upon improving the inner health and physical well-being of his patients while simultaneously refreshing and revitalizing their external appearance.
If you feel that you may benefit from a lip augmentation utilizing the fat transfer technique, or would like additional information about any other lip augmentation procedure, please reference Dr. Motykie’s plastic surgery website (www.drmotykie.com) or contact the Motykie Plastic Surgery office today. Dr. Motykie will provide his expert recommendations as to the appropriate surgical and/or non-surgical treatments necessary to fulfill your cosmetic objectives.