For a successful rhinoplasty plastic surgery procedure, it is critical to have adequate pre-operative preparation. Patients who are thoroughly prepared for the procedure are likely to achieve better outcomes and faster recovery. Dr. Gary Motykie is a board certified and dependable cosmetic surgeon providing rhinoplasty to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Ahead of the Consultation
Once the patient has decided to go ahead with rhinoplasty, they can begin their preparation from that moment itself. The following preparation steps can be taken before the patient makes a visit to the surgeon’s office for a consultation:
- Arrange to send medical records to the surgeon’s office from the primary care physician and specialists. This will allow the surgeon to know about any pre-existing breathing issues, sinus, chronic diseases, or allergies from the records.
- Get in touch with the insurance provider to find out whether rhinoplasty plastic surgery costs may be covered in specific cases.
- Arrange and carry along the insurance documents to the surgeon’s office at the time of pre-op consultation.
- Prepare a list of current prescription and non-prescription drugs, including herbal supplements and vitamins.
- Go through the website of the surgeon to become familiar with their practice prior to the consultation.
- Make a note of all the questions, doubts, and concerns that the patient may want the surgeon to address during the consultation.
- Choose some images from publications or websites that represent the type of nose or face the patient wishes to have.
The consultation process will become more meaningful with this simple advance preparation, time will be saved, and the focus can move towards getting ready for the procedure.
Determining Candidacy and Planning the Surgery
Based on the patient’s medical records, unique aesthetic goals, and their specific nose and facial anatomy, the surgeon will determine the suitability of a candidate for rhinoplasty. A customized surgical plan will be prepared after taking into account the patient’s inputs on various aspects.
As part of the preparation process, the surgeon will like to patient to form realistic expectations from nose surgery. They will encourage the patient to review as many rhinoplasty before and after images as possible to have a clear understanding of what to expect and what not to expect from the procedure.
Once the patient has made the final decision about the surgery, the process for insurance or financial loan application may also be initiated well in time. Dedicated cosmetic surgeon Dr. Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for nose surgery.
Before the Surgery
Prior to the surgery, the patient should arrange for transportation and aftercare. Once the surgery is completed, the patient will need someone responsible to drive them back home. They should preferably also have someone to assist with household chores for the first two to three days. This is not the time to run full blast on the treadmill, play soccer with your kids, cut off a limb from a tree, and so on.
The surgeon will require the patient to quit smoking for stop certain medications for a few weeks before rhinoplasty. The patient should start taking a balanced diet and increase the intake of lean proteins before the surgery.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: