Liposuction cosmetic surgery of the hips and outer thighs should ideally be performed together. Many patients believe that only their thighs are the problem area. However, simultaneous treatment on the hips will offer more complete cosmetic outcomes.
Thighs and Clothing
Inherited genetics often determine the fat on female thighs and hips. This area of fat, also known as saddlebags, is usually unresponsive to diet and exercise. It is likely the most common problem area for females. A majority of women seek liposuction on their thighs to feel more confident when wearing certain clothing such as a swimsuit or shorts.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides liposuction of the thighs and hips to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and surrounding locations.
Sites Where the Body Stores the Most Fat
The two primary areas of the body that store most body fat are the hips and thighs. These sites have a significant amount of the lipase enzyme. Due to this, the hips and thighs have a higher tendency to store fat quickly. The hips and thighs are less responsive to fat loss by diet and exercise for this reason.
Benefits of Hips and Thighs Liposuction
There are various benefits of hips and thighs liposuction plastic surgery, including:
- It helps reduce the number of inflammatory cells. The probability of the development of cardiovascular disease increases in proportion to the number of inflammatory cells in the body. Liposuction can, in fact, reduce inflammatory cells by as much as 11 percent.
- Liposuction can help reduce the levels of blood fat, called triglycerides. Higher levels of triglycerides are linked to a greater possibility of developing cardiovascular disease.
- The procedure can remove fat in a safe manner.
- Individuals who have received liposuction feel more confident about their appearance.
- Liposuction contours areas of the body that are resistant to diet and exercise.
What does Thigh Liposuction Involve
A majority of women have fat in their inner and outer thighs. Some women store fat only on the outer edges of their thighs while others have fat bulges on the inner side.
Liposuction could help people who are unhappy with the appearance of their thighs. This procedure can eliminate excess fat and skin from the thighs.
What to Expect from a Hip Liposuction
The hips are one of the most difficult areas of the body for fat loss. Hip liposuction surgery can significantly help patients lose inches on this body area. One of the most successful areas of the body for liposuction is the hips.
The procedure is typically undertaken on an outpatient basis. The patient may find walking or standing for a longer duration difficult during the initial healing period, although sitting is generally comfortable.
They may also experience minor inflammation or bruising. The body may take up to three months to acclimatize to its new contours following liposuction surgery.
Recovery from Liposuction for Hips and Thighs
In general, liposuction patients experience inflammation, bruising, and some sensation loss in the area. However, these after-effects will resolve slowly over the next few weeks following the procedure. Bruising will also slowly subside over the next three weeks or so. The inflammation will resolve over three months or so.
Patients are usually sore for one to two weeks, with minor soreness continuing for up to one month. The patient may require pain drugs in the initial week of recovery.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, CA, and nearby areas for liposuction of the thighs and hips.
- To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: