The first appointment, which is known as tummy tuck plastic surgery consultation, is going to be the most important meeting. During this meeting, the patient will get the opportunity to engage personally with the tummy tuck surgeon and determine whether they feel confident and comfortable about receiving treatment from them.
It is paramount for a patient to take out some time to prepare for this appointment in order to make maximum use of this opportunity and arrive at correct decisions about their surgery. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides tummy tuck surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Tips on Preparation
The patient should consider the following tips while preparing for their tummy tuck consultation:
- Do the basic homework about tummy tuck plastic surgery to learn and understand what all it may involve. Books, magazines and the Internet can provide extensive information about tummy tuck.
- Learn about various tummy tuck surgical techniques and the pros and cons of each option. This will help to make an informed discussion during the first appointment.
- Review the surgeon’s website and read the available information on tummy tuck as well as information about the surgeon’s credentials. Check out patient testimonials to get more insights about the surgeon from a patient’s perspective.
- Talk to other people who may have undergone tummy tuck surgery in the past or may be planned to receive one. Take a look at the relevant online discussion forums or social media groups focusing on procedures such as tummy tuck.
- While it is important to review tummy tuck before and after photos on the surgeon’s website or during the first consultation, it should not become the sole criterion to choose a cosmetic surgeon. Review the photos carefully to form realistic expectations about tummy tuck surgery.
- Before meeting the surgeon, talk to the spouse or close family and friends about the procedure, and take their views and suggestions into account.
What to Carry to the Consultation
The patient should prepare well for the tummy tuck consultation and keep a few things handy.
- Prepare a detailed list of questions that you would like to ask the surgeon during the first consultation. Carry a print-out of this list with you to the appointment.
- Compile an accurate list of medications along with the dosages that you may be taking prior to the surgery. Make sure the list also includes any vitamin and herbal supplements as well as any drugs that you may be taking only occasionally.
- Keep a record of any allergic reactions that you may have had in the past to certain medications or anesthesia.
- Note down the details of any previous surgeries or major diseases that you may have had along with their dates.
- Collect any photographs from magazines that reflect your ideal figure following a tummy tuck surgery.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: