Anyone who is considering undergoing tummy tuck plastic surgery procedure, or already has booked an appointment for an initial tummy tuck consultation, should go with some preparation about what questions to ask during the consultation. An experienced surgeon will usually address most queries and doubts from their own side, but preparation and awareness always helps.
Tummy tuck is a major surgery, and a candidate should go for it only when they have full clarity of all their doubts and concerns and when they are willing to choose it for their own sake, and not under the influence of anyone else. Dr. Gary Motykie is a renowned cosmetic surgeon providing tummy tuck and various other procedures of the breast, body and face. Dr. Motykie provides tummy tuck to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
Checklist of Questions
The following is a typical list of questions that most patients would like to ask their surgeon or perhaps should ask their surgeon. The patient may carry this list with them to the surgeon’s office for the first consultation, or try to memorize the questions that they feel are most important to address their needs.
- Are you a qualified and board certified plastic surgeon?
- For how long have you practiced as a reconstructive and cosmetic surgeon?
- Have you performed tummy tuck procedure before?
- What is your success rate with a procedure such as tummy tuck?
- Would you perform the procedure at a hospital, ambulatory surgical center, or a private surgical suite?
- Is your surgical facility accredited by a federal or state recognized agency?
- Would I make a good candidate for a full or partial tummy tuck surgery?
- What tummy tuck plastic surgery technique would you use in my case?
- What kind of scarring should I expect, and how visible or obvious would they appear?
- Will I be required to make any lifestyle changes before and after the surgery?
- Would you like to speak with my physician in case any alteration of schedule for my regular medications is needed?
- What is the estimated duration of the tummy tuck surgery procedure?
- Would you use general or local anesthesia with sedation for this procedure?
- Will the anesthesia be performed by a qualified anesthesiologist or an anesthetist nurse?
- Would I experience any pain or discomfort during the surgery?
- How long and how painful the recovery period is likely to be?
- How many days off should I take from my work?
- When will I be able to resume my full activities, including exercises and sports?
- Are there any risks and complications that I should be aware of?
- What precautions can I take to minimize the risks during the recovery phase?
- Would any post-operative complications be handled by you and your staff?
- Do you have a policy with regard to revision surgeries?
- How can I get in touch with you in case of any emergency during the recovery period?
The patient should also frankly discuss the cost and financing aspects during the initial consultation process to make a well-informed decision.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: