A brow lift plastic surgery corrects the effects of aging around the brows and forehead. This procedure also makes the soft tissues of the forehead tauter to develop a more youthful contour to the eyebrows, upper lids, and forehead skin.
There are many brow lift techniques that involve different incision lengths in multiple areas, and at times, using an endoscope.
During the pre-operative consultation, the patient will have a chance to share their cosmetic needs with the surgeon. The surgeon will evaluate the prospective patient as a candidate for a brow lift and inform them about what this procedure can realistically achieve for them.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides brow lift to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Key Aspects of the Consultation Process
The surgeon will recommend an appropriate brow lift technique upon understanding the patient’s goals. Sometimes, they may also recommend additional or related procedures. The patient should freely discuss their needs with the surgeon at the time of the consultation.
They may also present the surgeon with photos of themselves from their younger days. These images may serve as a good reference point when discussing their aesthetic goals from this procedure. During the consultation, the surgeon will:
- Ask the patient to view a mirror and point out precisely what they feel unhappy about related to their brow and forehead appearance
- Take images for the patient’s medical records, measure their face, and use computer imaging to show the improvements that the patient can realistically expect
- Assess the patient’s skin elasticity
- Discuss the multiple brow lift options that the patient can choose from and make recommendations
- Educate the patient on potential outcomes, including related risks or complications
- Discuss the anesthesia type that they will use for the procedure
The surgeon will share the following recommendations and information with the patient, depending on the patient’s cosmetic surgery goals and facial anatomy:
- The surgical technique, including the type of procedure or combination of procedures
- The results that the patient can anticipate
- Related risks and complications
- Anesthesia options and surgical venue
- Pre-operative preparation
- Recovery phase
In addition, the surgeon may display a brow lift before and after pictures of previous patients to the new patient and answers any questions that the patient may have.
The patient, on their part, should do the following for their brow lift plastic surgery consultation:
- Conduct research and come well-prepared to the consultation
- Ensure that the surgeon is suitable for their needs
- Make sure that they get the most out of the pre-op consultation
- Learn about the various options, potential outcomes, and risks associated with the surgery
The surgeon will evaluate the following facets during the pre-op consultation:
- Sagginess on the outside of the brows leading to a sad expression
- The central part of the brow may sag downwards creating an angry appearance
- Frown lines between the eyes
Discussing the Treatment Options
Excessive eyelid skin, droopy eyebrows, and sagging upper eyelids usually occur simultaneously in the same patient. Unless all these issues are addressed, the surgeon cannot create optimal aesthetic and functional outcomes.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for brow lift.
- To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: