Options for Facelifts
Rhytidectomy, commonly known as a facelift, is a form of plastic surgery that removes unwanted facial wrinkles and other telltale signs of aging by tightening the facial skin. It aims to improve the appearance of the face and reverse the damaging effects of time and stress. Facelifts will not only restore your youthful appearance, but will also boost your self-confidence.
Renowned cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie offers a variety of surgical and non surgical options in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood or Los Angeles that you can look into if you are interested in getting a facelift. His skill and expertise will give you the youthful appearance that you are looking for.
Types of plastic surgery procedures for a facelift
- Endoscopic Facelift : An endoscope is a microscopic camera that is used to look inside a body cavity or organ. In order to perform this kind of surgery, the doctor creates three small incisions: one for the endoscope and the other two to insert the surgical instruments that will be used to remove the excess tissue and lift the muscle. Endoscopic facelifts work best for drooping muscles and misplaced fat. They are useful for areas below the eyes and around the cheeks as well as to enhance the jawline. As the incisions are smaller, patients who undergo endoscopic facelifts enjoy a faster recovery time.
- Cutaneous Facelift: This procedure exclusively addresses sagging and excess skin. The doctor creates a long incision along the patient’s hairline, lifts up the skin and sutures it higher up in place. This does not affect muscular structure and thus reduces the risk of nerve damage. However, the result of this type of surgery doesn’t last long.
- SMAS (Superficial Musculoaponeurotic System) Facelift: In this type of facelift, the surgeon lifts and tightens the underlying muscle structure in order to improve facial contours and produce a youthful appearance. This treatment results in a far more natural look as compared to other techniques.
- S lift: Suitable for treating the jaw and lower face, in this type of surgery the doctor creates S-shaped incisions in front of the ears. This technique is cost effective and has a shorter recovery time.
- Deep Plane Lift: Rather than separating the muscles and lifting them, the doctor will treat the entire facial structure as one single entity. However this procedure puts the facial nerves at risk.
- Subperiosteal Facelift: This is a specialized process that goes deeper than deep plane lifts and aims for tissues just above the facial bones.
- Liquid Facelift: This procedure involves using injectable fillers to address wrinkles and sagging skin. Deeper lines can be filled in by dermal fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptra. The most popular liquid filler is Botox. This treatment involves injecting small amounts of botulinum toxin into the underlying muscles in order to block the nerve impulses and muscle contractions that cause wrinkles. They have a very short recovery time and hardly any side-effects. However, this technique cannot remove loose skin or alter the underlying muscle layer.
- Laser Facelift: This uses infrared light to eliminate wrinkles, acne scars, and other blemishes. The low intensity beams of light also stimulate collagen production and increase moisture. This treatment, however, is quite costly and does not get rid of excess skin.
- Ultrasound therapy: While not as dramatic as a full surgical facelift, this technique involves sending sound waves to the treatment area in order to tighten the skin.
- Microcurrent Facelift: One of the fastest growing techniques, microcurrent facelifts use gentle electric currents to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production, re-hydrate and tighten the skin and increase blood flow.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: