A patient who is fully informed about various aspects of a plastic surgery procedure will usually achieve better satisfaction from it in the end. Therefore, it is advisable for new patients to ask all relevant questions and clarify their doubts frankly during the initial liposuction consultation.
Dr. Gary Motykie is a highly trained and experienced cosmetic surgeon with a board certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Recognized as a RealSelf “Top Doctor,” Dr. Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
Questions Related to the Surgeon
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and actual practice experience you have in this field?
- Have you performed liposuction surgeries in the past, and what has been your success rate?
- Where would you perform the procedure, and do you have hospital privileges in the nearby areas?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any emergencies during the surgery?
- Do you have an established policy about revision surgeries?
- Do you get patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby regions?
Questions Related to Liposuction Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Are there any non-surgical procedures that can replace liposuction or be combined with liposuction?
- Will it be necessary to adjust my current medications and make any other lifestyle or diet changes prior to liposuction surgery?
- Which liposuction technique would be appropriate in my case, and will it involve general anesthesia?
- Would you work with an anesthesiologist or an anesthetist nurse for my procedure?
- How much downtime is expected in this surgery?
- Can I receive liposuction before and after pictures pertaining to previous patients at your practice?
Questions Related to Preparation
- Will I need to make any specific preparations in the days leading up to the procedure?
- Should I request my physician to coordinate with you regarding the schedule adjustment for my medications?
- Can I return home the same day of the surgery, and can I drive back home?
- Would I require assistance at home from a family member or a nurse in the first few days following the surgery?
- How much would be the cost of private duty nurse, if needed?
- When will the drains and sutures be removed after the liposuction procedure?
Questions Related to the Price Tag
- Do you charge a fixed fee as a cosmetic surgeon for liposuction and other procedures?
- What will be the total cost of liposuction, including your fee, anesthesiologist’s fee, and surgical room costs?
- Will you charge for post-op visits, medical tests, prescription drugs and surgical garments separately, or will these costs be included in the price?
- What will be the cost in case I combine liposuction with other surgical or non-surgical procedures, and will it make me eligible for a rebate?
Patients should also discuss the issue of insurance and financing wherever applicable for a major procedure such as liposuction.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: