Researchers and doctors have mainly used two types of stem cells for decades, taken from humans and animals, particularly when they were still embryos (not yet born). These are known as embryonic stem cells and non-embryonic (“adult” or “somatic”) stem cells.
Intravenous (IV) infusion is a safe and proven approach to stem cell therapy. In this case, the patient received prepared stem cells via an IV drip. The cells go directly into the bloodstream, where they start working to repair compromised blood cells or burrowing into bone marrow and repairing the tissue there.
The patient undergoes this treatment in a hospital, but the procedure usually takes less than a day, following which they can return home. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides stem cell IV therapy to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Pain Relief with Stem Cell IV Therapy
Clinical research on the benefits of stem cell therapy has risen significantly in recent decades. The most promising aspect of stem cell IV therapy is that it offers relief to patients with chronic pain and hard-to-heal injuries, all without drugs or complex reconstructive surgeries. Researchers are also unearthing ways to use stem cell treatments for common chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Stem cell IV treatments are commonly used in the management of pain. Most believe stem cell therapy to be a type of “interventional pain management,” which means that it is a minimally invasive technique. The treatment involves delivering stem cells through IV drip (in addition to other revitalizing elements) around damaged and painful tendons, nerves, muscle tissue, and joints.
What particular types of conditions can stem cell IV therapy help address? Certain most common ones include tennis elbow, shoulder pain or rotator cuff injuries, osteoarthritis knee pain, ACL injuries Achilles tendon injuries, and now cardiovascular conditions such as atherosclerosis.
Stem cell IV therapy is a form of treatment that makes use of the patient’s own stem cells to help repair injuries and damaged tissues. It is typically undertaken relatively rapidly through injections and in a straightforward in-office or outpatient procedure.
This treatment has also been proven to be helpful in:
- Expediting the time it takes for wounds and injuries to heal
- Reducing pain, even chronic joint pain, with less need for drugs
- Enhancing range of motion, flexibility, sleep quality, and functionality
- Decreasing muscle compensations and risk for future injuries
- Reducing nerve damage
- Enhancing collagen
- Helping in the regeneration of new heart and blood vessel tissue
- Helping in the healing of skin wounds, prevention of scar tissue formation, and reduction in hair loss
- Returning patients to their routine activities as rapidly as possible
According to the California Stem Cell Agency, there is no limit to the kinds of conditions that stem cell research can help treat. Stem cell therapy has an amazing ability for regrowth, which is now being used (or researched) in regards to the treatment of:
- Neurodegenerative conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s
- Diabetes and other pancreatic dysfunctions
- Hair loss
- Vision impairment
- Cardiovascular conditions including coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, and congestive heart failure (ranked as the topmost cause of death in the US since 1900!)
- Brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, and spinal stenosis
- Wounds and incisions after surgeries
- Orthopedic injuries and musculoskeletal issues
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for stem cell IV therapy.
- To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood and his team please visit: