BODY BY MOTYKIE MULTI-STRAIN PROBIOTIC 15 BILLION (60 CAPSULES)
$30 – Multiprobiotic 15B
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines a probiotic as “any living microorganism that has a health benefit when ingested.” Current probiotic research indicates that live-active cultures of these “good” bacteria may help to prevent and treat a variety of health issues, including, but not limited to: gastrointestinal issues, immune system deficiencies, women’s health concerns, urinary tract infections, and obesity. Powerful probiotic supplements, such as Body By Motykie’s Multi-strain Probiotic 15 Billion, help to establish and maintain a healthy population of these beneficial intestinal microorganisms.
Oral supplements containing live, intestinal micro-organisms (bacteria) with proven health benefits are known as probiotics. The idea of knowingly ingesting bacteria may seem counterintuitive; however, probiotics are a very specific kind of “good” bacteria that can help to counteract the effects of harmful bacteria. Probiotics were originally utilized to address antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD); however, studies have shown that probiotics can offer a number of other health benefits for the immune system, women’s health, and maintaining a healthy weight.
Bacteria are perpetually in competition for colonization space along the lining of the intestine—the “good” bacteria in probiotic supplements help to “crowd out” bad bacteria that cause infections. Various health conditions can weaken the immune system and decrease the level of healthy intestinal microflora. Potent probiotic supplements, such as Multi-Probiotic 15 Billion help to restore a homeostatic balance to the gastrointestinal system by reestablishing and maintaining a healthy population of beneficial intestinal microorganisms, and creating acidic conditions that are unfavorable for pathogenic microorganisms (harmful bacteria). Each Body By Motykie Multi-strain Probiotic capsule contains over 15 billion beneficial organisms derived from eight different strains of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium genera, in addition to prebiotic fructooligosaccharides, which offer immune system support and facilitate optimal gastrointestinal health.
Multi-Strain Probiotic 15 Billion is both acid and bile resistant, and is formulated with prebiotics, which are non-digestible carbohydrates that create a favorable intestinal environment for beneficial colonies of microflora (probiotics), and an inhospitable environment for harmful (pathogenic) bacteria. As with all Body by Motykie supplements, Multi-Strain Probiotic 15 Billion is formulated with NO yeast, gluten, wheat, soy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial preservatives/coloring/flavoring, or GMOs (genetically modified ingredients).
- Pre- and Post-operative immune system benefits: In contrast to many probiotic supplements, Multi-strain Probiotic 15 Billion offers a broad spectrum of benefits, and may assist in boosting immunity before and after surgical procedures, when the immune system is under tremendous strain. This supplement also contains prebiotic fructooligosaccharides, which help to ensure the survival and colonization of beneficial microorganisms while decreasing the chances of survival for harmful (pathogenic) bacteria
- Digestive health: clinical research indicates that probiotics may facilitate bowel regularity and healthy gastrointestinal functioning. Probiotics may also be helpful for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), as well as for patients suffering from abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, and/or constipation
- Urinary health: probiotics are often recommended as an ancillary supplement to antibiotics for individuals suffering from a urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Allergies: although allergy research is still in the preliminary stages, there is evidence indicating a potential relationship between women who have taken probiotics during pregnancy and a 30% decrease in the occurrence of childhood eczema (one of the early signs of allergies)
- Women’s health: as with the digestive tract, the vagina relies on a delicate balance of good and bad bacteria—when that balance is off, the patient becomes vulnerable to yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Some studies have found probiotics (taken as vaginal suppositories) may help to prevent infection, manage an active infection, or support antibiotics as a treatment. Probiotics may also contribute to optimal fetal health by helping pregnant women stave off vaginal infections that contribute to pre-term labor.
- Immune system support: one of the principal functions of healthful bacteria is to stimulate a normal immune response—clinical trials suggest that exposure to microbes through the gastrointestinal tract has a significant impact on immune system functioning
- Healthy weight: initial preliminary research has shown that probiotics may help obese patients maintain their weight loss after bariatric (weight loss) surgery. In one study of post-partum women, supplementation with lactobacillusand bifidobacterium (probiotic) capsules helped reduce waist circumference.
Multi-Probiotic15 Billion capsules may be a useful dietary supplement for patients seeking support for their digestive/immune/urinary/gastrointestinal/reproductive systems.
Suggested use is for adults to take one capsule daily, or as directed by your treatment provider. No adverse side effects have been reported; however, this product should be refrigerated after opening (with lid tightly sealed) and should be kept out of reach of children.
**CFU= colony-forming units—this microbiological term describes the density of viable bacteria in a product
Each Capsule Contains:
Multi-Strain Probiotic Blend: 15 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (DDS-1)–4.3 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32)–4.3 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium lactis (HN019)–1.9 Billion CFU
- Lactococcus lactis (Ll-23)–1.0 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05)–1.0 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-02)–1.0 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasserri (Lg-36)–1.0 Billion CFU
- Streptococcus thermophilus (St-21)– 0.5 Billion CFU
Digestive and Prebiotic Blend–210 mg FOS (fructooligosaccharides) and Ulmus fulva (bark)
Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate, cellulose