Facelift ranks among the more popular plastic surgery procedures in the US today. When a candidate for facelift meets the surgeon for an initial consultation, they should be prepared to clarify all their concerns and ask all the needful questions. A candidate who is well informed and forms realistic expectations will typically make the right decisions and achieve more satisfactory outcomes.
Dr. Gary Motykie is an experienced cosmetic surgeon providing facelift and various other procedures of the breast, body and face. Dr. Motykie encourages patients to ask questions and addresses them appropriately and at length. He receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas.
Asking the Right Questions
The following is a list of some of the important questions that a patient may ask during the initial consultation process for facelift plastic surgery:
- Are you a board certified cosmetic or plastic surgeon?
- Have you received specific training in plastic surgery procedures and for how long?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform surgeries?
- Where would you perform the facelift surgery in my case?
- Have you performed facelift procedures in the past, and what is your success rate in this surgery?
- Do you have a team of trained and experienced support staff?
- Where do most of your patients come from?
- Am I a wonderful candidate for facelift surgery?
- What techniques would you adopt for facelift and would it be combined with any non-surgical procedures?
- Will you provide me with facelift before and after photos of earlier patients?
- Can I speak to one of your staff members or previous patients to know more about your practice?
- Will I receive facelift surgery under general anesthesia or IV sedation with local anesthesia?
- Am I required to make any lifestyle changes, alteration in my existing medications, or any other pre-op preparation?
- Would I require any health clearances before I am considered for facelift surgery?
- Is your practice to handle any emergency that may arise during a procedure?
- Will you be available in the office during each of my visits for facelift surgery?
- How long will the surgical procedure last?
- Are there any potential side effects or risks that I should know about before committing to a facelift?
- Will the recovery process be painful, and what would be the estimated downtime in my case?
Additional Points during a Facelift Consultation
At the time of initial consultation, the patient should request the cosmetic surgeon for access to facelift before and after photos of actual patients, if possible. They should engage with the staff members to learn more about the practice and ask questions related to health insurance and financing options.
They can seek more information through the surgeon’s website, online patient reviews and testimonials and other blogs and articles related to facelift. It may also be possible to verify about the surgeon’s credentials through the state medical board office. Patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations can receive facelift procedure from Dr. Motykie.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: