Remove Unsightly Spider Veins With Non-invasive ASCLERA® Injections!
Spider veins (a.k.a. venulectasias or telangiectasia) are the least severe manifestation of CVI (chronic venous insufficiency), a vein disease millions of Americans suffer from each year. These small, often intertwined groups of tiny blood vessels and capillaries are found just below the skin’s surface. Although similar in many respects to varicose veins, spider veins typically present as clearly visible red, blue or purple vein patterns on the thighs, lower legs and face, and do not bulge above the skin’s surface like their varicose counterparts. Also tending to be smaller than varicose veins, spider veins were given their moniker because their appearance often resembles that of a spider web or tree branch pattern.
Spider Vein Removal Before & After Photos
While spider veins generally do not require medical treatment and are not associated with significant health problems, they can cause itching, burning, and uncomfortable feelings in the legs. As for aesthetic repercussions, the unsightly appearance of spider veins can make patients highly self-conscious, causing them to shy away from wearing skin-baring clothing. For patients frustrated with undesirable spider veins or small varicose veins, Dr. Motykie is pleased to offer a non-surgical solution—the next generation sclerotherapy (vein injection therapy) treatment ASCLERA® (polidocanol).
Once injected, ASCLERA® causes the lining of visible blood vessels in the legs to gently swell, blocking the flow of blood to visible spider or varicose veins. This blood flow blockage causes the vessels to clot, at which point the body naturally destroys and absorbs the treated veins so they disintegrate and disappear.
Key Facts About ASCLERA®
- ASCLERA® is approved for the treatment of both spider veins and small varicose veins (reticular veins may appear dark purple or blue and bulge from the surface of the skin)
- Each ASCLERA® treatment session lasts only 30 to 60 minutes, allowing for convenient scheduling options.
- Most patients require several appointments (scheduled 1-2 weeks apart) to achieve optimal results
- Many patients who have previously tried laser vein removal treatments have switched to ASCLERA® injections after having achieved similar (and often superior) results with ASCLERA®
- Most patients experience only mild temporary discomfort during the treatment session; however, after your session we recommend refraining from: strenuous exercise, plane flights, sun exposure, and hot tubs for several days, and we may advise wearing support hose or compression stockings for a short period of time in order to maximize your results.
For additional information about ASCLERA® injections for non-surgical spider vein and/or small varicose vein removal, please click here.
Before & After Photos provided by http://www.asclera.com/photo-gallery/