Sedentary lifestyle, heredity factors, and overweight problems may cause excess belly fat and loose skin around the midsection. The high prevalence of this condition has made tummy tuck plastic surgery a popular procedure today. The surgeon will assess a patient’s candidacy on various parameters before recommending them tummy tuck surgery.
Dr. Gary Motykie is a committed and experienced cosmetic surgeon providing various cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, including abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery. Dr. Motykie provides this procedure to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
Who is most suited for Tummy Tuck?
A healthy adult who feels self-conscious about the sagging skin or folds in the abdominal area, or suffers from weak underlying abdominal muscles due to weight fluctuations, may be the most appropriate candidates for tummy tuck plastic surgery. A woman who has suffered from stretched abdominal tissue and separated abdominal muscles following a pregnancy may also restore her youthful waist appearance with tummy tuck.
Although tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure, it can enhance abdominal contours in cases where the fat deposits have become resistant to diet and exercise. People with stubborn fat tissue in the abdominal area can often benefit from tummy tuck in conjunction with liposuction. The cosmetic surgeon will make the final decision about the patient’s suitability for this procedure.
Attributes of a Candidate
Women or men with the following attributes will typically make marvelous candidates for abdominoplasty:
- Having good health and not suffering from a medical condition that could pose risk during the surgery or healing
- Bothered by sagging or loose skin in the waist area
- Excess fat deposits in the midsection
- Keeping realistic expectations
- Commitment to follow the pre- and post-surgical guidelines of the surgeon and to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle in the long run
Dr. Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for tummy tuck plastic surgery.
Don’ts for a Good Candidate
The candidate’s personal commitment and discipline will play an important part in the success of the procedure after the surgeon has given them the go-ahead for tummy tuck. Some of the critical “don’ts” for a stellar candidate would include:
- Don’t smoke for a few weeks prior to and after tummy tuck
- Don’t withhold any medical records or other personal health information from the surgeon
- Don’t take prescription drugs, blood thinners, herbal meds, or vitamins without the surgeon’s approval for a few weeks before surgery
- Don’t plan for a pregnancy in the near-term after tummy tuck surgery
- Don’t plan for a major weight loss after tummy tuck surgery
- Don’t choose tummy tuck under the influence of someone else, and only go by personal choice
Candidates for tummy tuck are not only individuals with a sedentary lifestyle or unbalanced diet, but also people who may be fit and active, but have fat accumulation around the waist due to heredity factors. These candidates may even receive tummy tuck in their 20s or 30s due to their genetic predisposition.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: