Thigh Lift Surgery
Following your thigh lift cosmetic surgery, you will have to set aside at least one week to focus exclusively on your recovery and allow the initial healing to occur naturally. For a successful and rapid recovery, following your surgeon’s post-op care instructions, keep your incision areas clean, and do not miss your follow-up visits to the surgeon’s office.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides thigh lift surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Immediately After the Surgery
Once your surgery is completed, you will be moved to an observation area for a few hours where the surgeon and the nursing team will monitor your condition. If the progress is taking place as expected, your surgeon may send you back home the same day.
You will feel some after-effects of general anesthesia for the first several hours. Your incision sites will be covered in bandages and drainage tubes may be inserted under the skin to prevent fluid accumulation. You will be required to wear a compression garment in the thigh area for the first few weeks.
- In the first 24 hours following your thigh lift plastic surgery, you will most likely require help to perform regular chores and may even need assistance to visit the bathroom. Apply ice packs in the first 48 hours to reduce swelling in the incision sites. To ensure that your thigh tissue does not get stretched, it may be helpful to position your body appropriate with several pillows so that the upper legs do not have much pressure while you are healing.
- From the second or third day, you can shower after carefully taking off the compression garment. You can also start performing light activities at home and take short walks to improve your blood flow for faster healing. However, in the entire first week, it is best to stay confined to home to allow for safe healing.
- At the end of the first week, you may have an appointment with your cosmetic surgeon to remove sutures and drainage tubes, if you have healed sufficiently. Be prepared to share any concerns or ask questions if you have any at this point.
- Sometime in your second week, you should be in a position to return to your workplace or resume your normal routine. At this time, you can start carefully sitting on your thighs, preferably with the help of pillows. At work, you should only perform sedentary or non-strenuous desk job at least until the healing improves.
- After the first month, you may be able to stop using your compression garment after your surgeon’s approval. It is also the time to resume your exercise routine, but continue to avoid vigorous exercises for at least another two weeks. At six to eight weeks after your thigh lift plastic surgery, you may return to more active lifestyle and may lift objects up to five pounds at a time.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, and Los Angeles, and nearby areas for thigh lift surgery.
Contact Beverly Hills Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie to Schedule a Consultation
To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood, CA and his team please visit: