Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon before Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction currently ranks as the most popular plastic surgery procedure in the United States. Patients seeking targeted fat reduction in certain areas of the body may choose liposuction. They should ask the right questions during the initial consultation process to clarify all their doubts and concerns. It is important to make an informed choice about a major procedure such as liposuction.
In most cases, an experienced cosmetic surgeon will take care to address the patient’s concerns in proper detail, and in fact, encourage them to get clarity on all issues before going ahead with the surgery. Dr. Gary Motykie is a board certified plastic surgeon providing liposuction and other procedures to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
Important Questions to Ask
The patient should ideally note down a list of questions that they would like to ask the surgeon during the initial consultation process. Some of the relevant questions for liposuction plastic surgery may include the following:
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon with specialized training in cosmetic surgery?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform liposuction surgery? If yes, at which hospitals in the region?
- In case you recommend an office based surgical facility, will it be state licensed or fully accredited facility?
- Will I make a good candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Am I required to make any lifestyle changes or any other preparation prior to the surgery?
- What kind of liposuction technique will you recommend in my case and will it be less invasive?
- As a cosmetic surgeon, have you performed liposuction procedures in the past?
- Will liposuction surgery be performed using general anesthesia or local anesthesia in my case?
- What are the potential risks and complications that could be involved in this procedure?
- Would it be possible for me to speak with one of your staff members or earlier patients to learn more about liposuction surgery?
- Will you provide me with liposuction before and after images of previous patients?
- Do you have a policy with regard to liposuction revision surgery?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any emergency that may arise during or after the surgery?
- Will you be available personally during every visit that will be required to make for this procedure?
- What will be the estimated cost of liposuction in my case?
Questions about Recovery
- After how many days can I expect to return to work following liposuction surgery?
- How much pain and discomfort should I expect during recovery, and will you prescribe any pain medications?
- Are there any do’s and don’ts that I will have to observe during the recovery?
- When will the full results of liposuction be established?
- How many post-surgery appointments will be involved in this procedure?
- How long should I expect the results of liposuction to last?
Dr. Gary Motykie is a leading plastic surgeon who receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for liposuction and various other procedures.
Click here for Virtual Consultation
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: