Mothers seeking to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies after giving birth often seek tummy tuck surgery. Tummy tuck is an exciting self-care procedure for women after birth, but there are specific requirements and timelines for safety and optimal outcomes that must be followed. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides tummy tuck surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
After childbirth, mothers may experience loose and sagging skin, as well as stretched or detached abdominal wall muscles. Some women may see their abdominal walls recover after some time, however, some may permanently lose their elasticity. Dietary and exercise efforts cannot restore damaged abdominal muscles.
Tummy Tuck Surgery
During tummy tuck surgery, excess fat and skin is removed, and any damaged abdominal muscles are tightened and repaired. This outpatient procedure is usually completed under general anesthesia within a few hours, depending on the extent of your case.
When is the best time for a tummy tuck following childbirth?
It is recommended to wait at least six months to a year after childbirth before undergoing a tummy tuck. Some considerations for this timeline include:
- You must heal from giving birth before undergoing another surgery
- You will require several weeks of recovery following your tummy tuck and will be unable to lift or do strenuous activities that may be involved with looking after your baby
- You will not be able to breastfeed while taking painkillers or after your general anesthesia
- It is recommended that you first lose any weight put on during pregnancy to achieve best results from tummy tuck
- Consider whether you are going to have more children in the future to keep your results from surgery
Schedule a Consultation
During your consultation, your surgeon will help you plan the timeline of your tummy tuck to best suit your needs and goals. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides tummy tuck surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Contact Beverly Hills Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie to Schedule a Consultation
To see more services and treatments provided by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles | West Hollywood, CA and his team please visit: