Lower and upper body lift is one of the more popular body contouring plastic surgery procedures today. The procedure must be preceded by certain preparatory steps in order to lay the foundation for a safe and successful surgery. At the time of initial consultation, the surgeon will educate the patient about the steps involved in preparation.
Patients who are thoroughly prepared for body lift will typically have higher confidence levels and will be able to make more objective decisions. They should follow the surgeon’s instructions properly for a good preparation. Outstanding and sagacious cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides body lift surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Prior to the Surgery
The following preparatory steps should be taken well in advance once the surgeon has cleared the patient as a good candidate for body lift plastic surgery.
- Arrange to send previous medical records from the physician, specialist and hospital to the surgeon’s office for their review.
- Make an exhaustive list of medications that the patient may be currently taking, including non-prescription drugs and health supplements.
- Get any lab tests and x-rays done as advised by the surgeon.
- If necessary, adjust the schedule of prescription meds in consultation with the physician.
- Avoid smoking for a few weeks before the scheduled body lift surgery, as per the surgeon’s instructions.
- Complete all urgent tasks at home and work in advance in order to have a stress-free recovery time.
- Arrange for transportation to reach home safely after the surgery.
- Arrange for aftercare for the first few days of recovery, if needed.
The patient’s chances of a successful and predictable body lift surgery as well as faster recovery will improve if they stick to the surgeon’s guidelines for preparation.
A Day Before the Surgery
Just a day before the body lift procedure the patient should follow these simple tips. These instructions will usually be provided by the surgeon’s staff verbally or in writing:
- Rest adequately on the day prior to the surgery and sleep well at night.
- Refrain from drinking any alcoholic beverage for at least 48 hours prior to the body lift surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything for about eight hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing jewelry, makeup, body piercings, nail paint, perfume, or contact lenses on the day of the surgery.
- Wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes while going to the surgery center. If upper body lift is required, choose a top with buttons in the front.
- Diabetic patients should get their vital parameters checked on the morning of the surgery.
- If any essential medications are to be taken on the morning of the surgery, the patient should consult with the surgeon beforehand.
If the patient feels mild pre-op anxiety a day before the surgery, it can be addressed with a calming medication that the surgeon may prescribe for use on the night before. Stellar and fantastic cosmetic surgeon Dr. Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for body lift.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: