BODY BY MOTYKIE CALCIUM + MAGNESIUM (90 Tablets)
$12 – Cal-6+Mg™
Calcium and magnesium are essential minerals for building and preserving the structural integrity of bones and teeth. Cal-6 + Mg™ is a specialized chelate complex comprised of 6 highly bioavailable sources of calcium (meaning they are readily absorbed by the body), in addition to magnesium and other complementary nutrients needed to maintain healthy bone structure. Supplementing with additional calcium and magnesium may be beneficial before and/or after surgical procedures involving the skeletal system.
We often tell children to ‘drink their milk’ to ensure they get enough calcium to grow and develop at a healthy rate; however, calcium is a crucial mineral for adults as well. About 99% of the calcium in the body is found in bones and teeth, while the other 1% is found in the blood and soft tissue. Calcium concentrations in the blood and extracellular fluid must stay within a precise range to ensure normal physiological functioning—if calcium intake is insufficient, the body begins the process of bone resorption (demineralization) to maintain normal blood calcium concentrations. Demineralization can lead to bone fragility, elevated risk of fractures, and osteoporosis.
Intestinal calcium absorption ranges from 15-75% of ingested calcium. Cal-6 + Mg™ contains key minerals and nutrients (i.e. magnesium, glutamic acid, vitamin D, Boron) that facilitate optimal calcium absorption and help maximize the efficacy of this vital mineral. As with all Body by Motykie supplements, Cal-6 + Mg™ is formulated with NO yeast, gluten, wheat, soy, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial preservatives/coloring/flavoring, or GMOs (genetically modified ingredients).
- Calcium and magnesium may be beneficial before and/or after surgical procedures involving the skeletal system
- May play a positive role in body weight regulation
- Preliminary studies have demonstrated that magnesium supplementation improved insulin sensitivity in individuals at risk for diabetes
- May reduce risk of bone fractures, bone fragility, and osteoporosis later in life
- Potential therapeutic benefits in the management of moderate-to-severe premenstrual symptoms
- Magnesium helps promote energy production, protein synthesis, cell signaling, and ion transport
Randomized controlled trials and observational studies support the theory that magnesium may help prevent brain damage in premature infants
- Data from randomized controlled trials support calcium and magnesium supplementation to potentially reduce the risk of seizures (eclampsia) and high blood pressure (preeclampsia) in pregnant women
Cal-6 + Mg™ may be a useful dietary supplement for those seeking to increase their intake of calcium and other nutrients and minerals necessary for maintaining the proper functioning, strength, and structural integrity of their bones and teeth.
Suggested use is for adults to take 3 tablets daily (1 before each meal), or as directed by your physician. Keep out of reach of children, and store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light.
Three Tablets Contain:
- Calcium—750 mg: derived from 6 highly bioavailable sources (meaning the nutrients are easily digested and absorbed): Calcium Citrate, Gluconate, Carbonate, Lactate, Ascorbate and Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite)
- Glutamic Acid (from 75 mg Glutamic Acid HCL)—60 mg: this amino acid facilitates collagen production, which prevents the bones from becoming brittle and helps maintain flexibility
- Magnesium—375 mg: derived from Magnesium Chelate/Oxide/Carbonate complex, deficiencies of this mineral can hinder calcium and vitamin D homeostasis and increase the risk of hypertension, type 2 diabetes, metabolic disorders, and cardiovascular disease.
- Boron (from Boron Aspartate/Citrate)—3 mg: necessary for calcium and magnesium to be fully absorbed and deposited into bone
- Lysine (from 36 mg L-Lysine HCL)—29 mg: this amino acid facilitates collagen production, which prevents the bones from becoming brittle and helps maintain flexibility
- Vitamin D-3 (the active form of vitamin D)—400 I.U.: necessary for calcium and magnesium to be fully absorbed and deposited into bone
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)—50 mg: the antioxidant properties of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and its pivotal role in collagen synthesis make vitamin C an important nutrient to maintain healthy skin. Dietary supplementation with ascorbic acid may have beneficial effects on skin cells, and some studies have found that vitamin C may help prevent and correct ultraviolet (UV)-induced photodamage (i.e. skin discoloration, melasma, hyperpigmentation)