ONE DAY AFTER SURGERY
The next morning following your surgery, you will return to Dr Motykie’s office for your first post-operative. Upon arrival to the office you will be escorted to a private examination room where your operative sites will be evaluated. After your examination, you will be allowed to return back to your home. All of your questions will be answered and you will be given instructions for the following week. You may feel tired and sore for several days following the surgery. Your face may be swollen and tender. You will most likely be able to return to work within a few days depending on your job.
- Diet: Mostly patients start with a liquid diet the night after surgery. Usually by the next day most patients are back to a normal diet.
- Medications: Some swelling, bruising and discomfort are normal immediately following surgery and it is typically controlled with your prescription pain medication. Do not take any other pain medication including Tylenol, aspirin or ibuprofen in combination with your pain medications unless you are given permission by Dr Motykie. A combination of Arnica Montana and Bromelain are encouraged after surgery in order to promote your healing process.
- Bathing: Showering and bathing are permitted the very next day after surgery.
- Activity: Light activity is allowed and encouraged including moving about your house and going for walks outside in order to aid the circulation in your lower extremities. However, no heavy lifting or strenuous activity should be attempted during the first 72 hours after surgery. Aerobic and impact cardio exercise should be avoided for one week post-operatively. The resumption of and amount of physical /athletic activity should be guided by the level of your discomfort with “pain” being the ultimate guide.
ONE WEEK AFTER SURGERY
Although the recovery process after a buccal lipectomy is relatively quick, your results will typically be obscured by swelling and bruising for the first week after surgery. In fact, you may even notice during the first week or two after your surgery that your face appears slightly “rounder” Do not be alarmed, this is completely normal and is due to swelling from the surgery. Any discomfort you do feel can be relieved with your prescribed medications but most patients say that a buccal lipectomy is almost “painless.” Most patients return to work and can drive their vehicles within a few days after surgery but still plan on having someone drive you to your first few post-operative visits anyway.
- Medications: Some continued swelling, bruising and discomfort are normal and they are typically controlled with your prescription pain medication and muscle relaxants. You should also be finishing your prescription antibiotics at this time. Arnica Montana and Bromelain may be continued for another week in order to promote your healing process.
- Bathing: You may bath and shower freely during the second week after surgery.
- Activity: The majority of patients are allowed to return to light, low impact cardiovascular exercise during the first week of recovery. Exercise of some sort is very important, even if it is just walking around your house. Having said this, rest is also important to the healing process and heavy lifting and strenuous activity are still restricted during the first month after surgery. You will be able to return to more strenuous exercise/heavy lifting at 3-4 weeks after surgery.
ONE MONTH AFTER SURGERY
At this point in time, you should already be back into your normal rhythm at work. Exercise and workout routines should also be back to normal by this point in your recovery process. During this time, many of the benefits of your surgery will begin to materialize and you will begin notice a beautiful, subtle thinning of your cheeks.
LONG TERM RESULTS
All patients vary in their ability and speed to recovery after surgery but most commonly you can expect the final result to be evident by a few months after surgery. Friends and family may begin to ask if you have “lost weight” but the change should not be drastic or unnatural. Since the entire procedure is performed from inside of your mouth there are no detectable signs or scars from this type of surgery. The results of this surgery are very elegant and beautiful and it is very commonly performed in actresses and models from all over the world.
- Day Of Surgery
- Post Operative 1 day | 1 week | 1 Month | Long Term
- Combined Procedures